Cedar Sage Candle - Crushes
A gorgeous, moody fragrance. Simply described as a woods-y, musky fragrance. With top notes of Sage, Citron, Bergamot. Dynamic mid notes of Flowers and Black Pepper. And dry woody base notes like Redwood Cedar.
- 120g of 100% soy wax
- Hand-poured in Auckland, New Zealand
- Will burn for approximately 35 hours
- Frosted glass jar with aluminium lid and paper label, making it easy to recycle.
- - Safe, clean burning as Crushes use unbleached, 100% cotton paper braided wicks, 100% soy wax and certified 'Natural fragrance'.
Are Scented Candles Bad For Your Health?
Scented candles can be extremely toxic. Cheap brands churn out troublesome products, using questionable components that we then breathe in as it burns in our immediate spaces. That's why it is super important to choose from brands that are mindful and check all of their ingredients are safe!
What To Check For When Buying a Scented Candle:
- choose clean, natural wax. Paraffin is made from petrol, oil and coal, so when burnt, you are breathing nasty, ultra-fine soot particles which can cause really bad health concerns. Instead choose soy or beeswax which has been proved to create little to no soot.
- look for "100%" of your natural wax. That is because some companies simply just say 'Soy Wax' but still cut it with Paraffin in secret.
- look for 'natural fragrances' and/or 'phthalate free'. If it is not explicitly natural, you could be breathing 'synthetic fragrances' which have a bad case of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC), such as formaldehyde. This can cause havoc to your respiratory system and health.
- look for a metal-free wick. That is because some candles had used hazarodous lead and zinc to keep wicks standing tall. Thankfully it's now illegal in (most) countries to make wicks with metal as it was creating lead-poisoning. You can check this by fraying the wick to check if it is cotton through-and-through.
Now you know what not to do, look for mindful brands that are choosing quality natural products, like Crushes.
Crushes Candles use:
✔️ Soy wax or Beeswax. You will never see any Paraffin made by our in-house brand! It's also a renewable and biodegradable material, which we love.
✔️Crushes use 100% (or a blend) of only Soy wax or Beeswax
✔️Crushes only use fragrances that are guaranteed to have no phthalates and are certified 'natural fragrances' which is made from sustainably grown plants. We use fragrance isolated from a single chemical isolated from a plant. This is done by distillation and extraction, much like essential oils.
✔️Crushes use un-bleached, cotton wicks. You won't find any trace of lead and zinc in our wicks.
And Crushes candles are all hand-poured here in Aotearoa New Zealand, because they love to support local, and create better opportunities to grow local industry.